Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

More Treasures

 Today I've got a couple little pretties I'll show you. This little girl was also found in my Father In Laws shed along with the two pictures I showed you last week. I have her sitting on the plate rail in my dining room.


January Preservation 2014 007

The picture is somewhat faded and I'm glad I found it when I did because moisture had already started to get to it.

January Preservation 2014 009

 The next little treasure is this stained glass light. We found four of theses hanging on the back porch. Each one is a little different in size and glass used. I hope to have them all hung in the house soon. It takes awhile to decide where to put each one, but this one was perfect for this little space, I have a much larger one to hang in the center hall and a couple for the bedrooms. Of course I love the red in this one, it also has lots of green which goes really well with the tile in the fireplaces.

January Preservation 2014 001


January Preservation 2014 004



January Preservation 2014 005

So, I hope you enjoyed seeing a few more of my new to me treasures. I have more that I will be showing so stay tuned.
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: We Call It Junkin

4 comments:

Laura said...

There is nothing better- bar none- than finding treasures.

Each week at the flea market I am on a quest.

Enjoyed visiting,
Laura
White Spray Paint

I love the painting and its gold frame.

kate steeper said...

gorgeous..stained glass has been on my wishlist forever

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Beautiful fixture, love all the colors dancing on your walls!
Blessings,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

That lamp is really wonderful, congrats on rescuing the treasures, I wonder what else is hiding in that shed? Thanks so much for sharing this at my History & Home Link Party this week. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com