Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Treasures


Here are a few treasures we recently found in my Father In Laws storage shed. I just love these two pictures! Of course they were very dirty and I think they were rescued just in time. I had them in the guest room that is now the master and left them there because I enjoy them so much.


New Treasures 008



New Treasures 012

Look at her little shoe, the shoelace is coming untied.

New Treasures 010

Here is a wonderful old trunk we also found. Lots of cleaning and polishing and it looks great, at least in my world. And best of all it doesn't sit on that green carpet.

New Treasures 003

I have a few other found treasure I'll share next time.
Thanks for visiting.
Sandy
Linking to: We Call It Junkin

3 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

I love those prints. I used to have them hanging in my classroom. The trunk is so perfectly aged.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are just precious, their expressions so sweet! Glad you rescued them. I love old trunks, they have such charm but a great practical use, too. Pinning this to my Link Party Features board on Pinterest. Thanks so much for sharing this at my History & Home Link Party. Hope to see you again on Tuesday. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What great finds…love those adorable prints and the trunk is amazing!!!..Looking forward to more of your found treasures!