Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, January 27, 2014

A Little Red For Valentines Day

 A little late posting tonight. It was such a beautiful day here 69 degrees, no way I was going to stay in the house. Outside most of the day cleaning flower beds, great to be in the sun for awhile. Back to winter tomorrow, snow tomorrow, I thought I moved away from snow!! OK so I added a little red to the bedroom mantel, you know for Valentines Day. But to tell you the truth I look for any excuse to add red, it is my favorite color.


Red For Valentines Day 001

A little wine to warm you up on a cold winters night.
The oil lamp belonged to my Great Grandmother.

Red For Valentines Day 002

Maybe learn a little French while you sip your wine. The little French to English book belong to a dear friend of mine and several of the books are ones that my Grandfather carried in his shirt pocket every day.

Red For Valentines Day 006

The little picture is of course from a yard sale.

Red For Valentines Day 009

So maybe your not in the mood for wine, how about a cup of tea?

Red For Valentines Day 010

The tea cup is sitting on a little French table I bought years ago at auction. France stamped on bottom.

Red For Valentines Day 011

Cold night, better warm the bed. Another estate sale find last summer

Red For Valentines Day 012

The mirror I have had for years and have taken with me on every move. Also from an estate sale.


Red For Valentines Day 018

I love the detail, even though it has some issues. I think it gives it character.

Red For Valentines Day 019

That's all for now. 
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: Inspire Me Tuesday
and

7 comments:

Susie said...

Red is one of my favorite colors for decorating too. Happy Valentines!

Chatfield Court said...

Lovely mantel. I love the mirror, it has great character.
Kristi

Unknown said...

What a beautiful room, I love all the accessories and especially the family pieces. (They mean so much as we grow older, don't they?) Thanks for sharing and stay warm. Vicki in Louisville KY

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful mantle and love the pops of red…and love those wonderful old books!

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty estate sale finds. Love that mirror! I haven't been to an estate sale in so long, you're making me want to go. Most of them around here are run by a big, official company and they price everything sky high. Hopefully in spring the yard sales will start back up. Thanks for sharing this at my History & Home party, so glad you did - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Diana said...

Hi! I'm visiting from We Call It Junkin. Love your mantel, and your French table is to die for! So glad I stopped by, Diana

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous vignette. Your mantel looks so pretty and your teacup is fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty