Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Dollar Store Table

 One last winter tablescape before I go into Valentines Day, and this one is from the Dollar Stores.
I used dried hydrangea from the garden as my center piece, with four battery operated candles I bought a couple of years ago at Wal Mart  after Christmas clearance. The table cloth is from an estate sale and the rest from Dollar General, Dollar General Market and Family Dollar.


January Preservation 2014 004

 I found the cute little red mugs at the Dollar General Store just before Thanksgiving, great buy at $1.00 apiece and they only had four. The napkin rings were after Christmas clearance a couple of years ago, Dollar General and the napkins are dish clothes that pick up the green from the table cloth and plates beautifully, they were two for a dollar.

January Preservation 2014 005

The plates I got last week at Dollar General Market, clearance sixty cents each. The flatware a Family Dollar find and I'm sure everyone has seen them there.

January Preservation 2014 006

The chargers are a couple years old also clearance after Christmas Dollar General.

January Preservation 2014 007


January Preservation 2014 010

So I hope you enjoyed my little thrown together Dollar Store tablescape. I think this would just work great for a simple Holiday breakfast or light lunch. I think it also shows you don't have to spend allot to set a pretty table. 

January Preservation 2014 017

See you soon,
Sandy
and

3 comments:

Lady of the Manor said...

I bought those dishes, too, and also got the mugs. They are so cute! I posted them in December. LOVE your table!!

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Too cute, love the dish and charger!

Cathy said...

I also bought the mugs, in fact had to go to three different Dollar Generals to get 8. Fair warning, be careful pouring hot liquid in them. A friend and I used them for a ladies luncheon and served hot cider,it cracked by the handle and hot cider went everywhere. It was just one so just be careful. They really are cut and everyone had a fit over them.