Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More Organizing and Storage Ideals

 
 
 
 
Things are getting a little more organized around here and it has only taken a year.
As of June 1st we have been in the house for one year and I feel as though I will never have things in  order. Of course it is an old house and storage is very limited.
This baby is now my main organizer in my dish pantry.
 
 
The chest has eight drawers so I had a few options. I used the smaller top drawers for serving pieces and for flatware. 
 
  

Extra napkin rings, salt dishes, butter pat saucers also fit nicely.
 

 
The larger drawers were deep enough that I was able to put place sittings with matching napkin rings, napkins, etc. in them. It will be so easy to just pull out one drawer and have everything at my fingertips.
 
  
 
 Of course this is not all my dishes, I still have more stored in the kitchen. But this is a start.
 
 
So I hope you enjoyed another snippet of my soon to be finished pantry.
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: Home (Work) Wednesday @ The Everyday Home
and
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style


 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Suzy said...

I love using a chest in the dining room and it's great for storage! Your post was one of the top three most viewed at last week's Home{work} Wednesday's bloghop and will be featured on our blogs on Tuesday morning. Thank you for linking up!