Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Big Ole Copy Cat

 
I'm just a big ole copy cat. Yes I changed my foyer table again. My inspiration came from Marty at A Stoll Thru Life, who did a wonderful French fall arrangement last week. Normally the more color the better for me, but I just loved the subtle color pallet she used. So here is my version....

A few cuttings from a friends pampus grass, the gourds I have had for years. The lamps were given to me by my Mother a few years ago and of course I left my little rooster. I also left the burlap runner I just liked the texture of it.
 


 
 So now I will leave to the photos.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That's all for now.
See you soon,
Sandy
 
and

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the gourds and the big old books! Looks like Fall has arrived!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

GORGEOUS!!

xinex said...

Oh how pretty! I love this vignette...Christine

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love the vignette you created.... I say you were inspired and it looks wonderful!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

So, so charming! You are ready for Fall! I love your keys-I am on the look out for some myself!
Warm Autumn Hugs,
Jemma