Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Fall Is In The Air

 
Just a few changes to the dining room table. This is what it looked like before the changes.
Pineapple plates that say "Welcome", they came from a thrift store years ago, the glasses from Pier One and everything else I have had for years. The centerpiece is an old candleholder with greenery and a pineapple attached.
 


 
Now for a little fall.
Everything with the exception of the leaf and pumpkin plates are things, once again I have had for years. The tablecloth is green but doesn't show well at all in the photos.
 
 
I used pecans and walnuts around the candles and attached a ceramic pumpkin to the top.
The topiary was made from an old form with moss and small acorns glued to it.
 



I paired the small leaf plate with the leaf salt and pepper shakers at two of the place settings.


The pumpkin plate with the matching salt and pepper at the other two.


 
A few leaf cutouts from sheet music and old material
 

My tureen I found years ago at an estate sale with it's six individual cups. It always works well with fall decorating.
 
 
That's all for now. Have a Blessed week.
Sandy
and



3 comments:

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Your tablescape is beautiful...I love the warm colors and amazing texture you did. When do we eat? LOL

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love the orange napkins, they make everything really pop! Great tureen too, so different! I better get busy, my house still looks like summer~
Jenna

Molly said...

this is gorgeous, love all your decorative touches.
Thanks for sharing!
Molly