Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Fall Sideboard

A little more fall decorating for the dining room. 
The hydrangeas are from my garden and I added a few branches from the yard
and a few silk stems from my stash. The arrangement is in an old crock I bought at an estate sale
years ago, a friend who is a potter at Middleton Plantation, looked at it a few weeks ago
and told me it was hand made, about seven pounds of clay was used to make it and that it was
made in two parts, then last but not least it was very old, which verifies what I was told when I purchased it. The piece came from a plantation here in Charleston.
The burlap pumpkin I have had for years, the tureen was from an estate sale a couple of years ago.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The rooster was a gift from one of my daughters, I sat the little lamp and
sweet grass basket on an old book.
 
 
 
That's all for now.
Talk to you soon,
Sandy
 
Linking to: Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Candy S said...

What a lovely side board. I love it's understated elegance and your beautiful fall decor. I especially like the rooster. Happy fall!