Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Everything But The Kitchen Sink

  
A little peak at my fall harvest tree. This was my Daughters Christmas tree she always used in her room and always decorated in purple, oh and it used to be white before I spray painted it gold and copper, a little white still shows through. And as my title says I put everything on it but the kitchen sink. I gathered dried hydrangeas, dried seed pods from my garden, silk stems from my stash, grape vine, well you get the picture.
 
 
 
 
My little copper lanterns I found in the garage this summer, I had never unpacked them. Imagine that!
 
 
A little burlap ribbon.
 
 
Cuttings from my palm trees, I did spray a little copper paint on them, although it is very hard to see.
 
 
  
 
  
 
After the fall decorations come off, I will add my Christmas touches, which will be fruit. I try to decorate the entire dinning room with a fruit theme.
 
  
So I guess that's all for now,
See you soon,
Sandy




5 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh my goodness, I just love the wonderful autumn tree, it is so perfect fore the season and is done so beautifully...such a great idea...love those fun sunflowers...Phyllis

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Very creative! I never thought to paint a tree, but why not! I love your autumnal tree- you did a great job on it.

Khammany said...

I saw the title of your blog and said "did somebody say copper?" I love copper and when it patinas it's even lovelier! I love the thought of having a autumn tree! I am your newest follower!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Sandy, that looks so beautiful. I bet it has a warm glow with just lamps lit in your room. I can see it in my mind and the palm fronds are a unique touch. Can't wait until Christmas..Happy Monday..Judy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I never thought about an autumn tree, what a fabulous idea. Love it. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty