Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Progress In My Food Pantry

 
Now that I'm getting to organize my dish pantry a little better, I thought I would start on my food pantry. I really wanted it to maintain it's farmhouse charm, so I really did nothing but arrange my supplies in a way the cook or the lady of the house might have 100 years ago. So here is my version, I hope you enjoy.
 
 
Yes I know, no crockpots back them, but I do and this was the perfect spot. In my other house I was able to leave it on the counter since the kitchen was so large, but not here. It will be in a very convenient space just a couple of steps to the dish pantry and ready for service.
 
 
My cookbooks and bread machine are all nicely arranged and at my fingertips.
 
 
 
 
 
There is also a self now for our canned vegetables.
 
 
Seeds stored away safely for next years planting.
 
 
The little lamp hanging was a gift from my son when he was in preschool, so it's about 30 years old.
See the hanging aprons? The pink and white one belonged to my Great Grandmother.
 
 
 
 
And this one belonged to my Grandmother, she made it especially to match her kitchen, I can still remember her wearing it.
 
 
I hung baskets for fresh vegetables, and the old crocks hold dog food and other goodies.
 
 
My baskets now have a dedicated home.
 
 
The bead board in the room is very unusual, I have never saw it placed horizontally!
 
 
And it continues all the way to the ceiling.
 
 
Well that's about all for now.
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: Home (work) Wednesday @ The Everyday Home
and
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

4 comments:

Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

You are so organised, must make cooking so much easier when you can see everything and get to it all so easily. Great job :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a beautiful and well organized pantry...envious!!!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your pantry looks so organized and interesting, I would be happy if I just had a pantry, it is something I have always wanted...Love yours...Phyllis

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Thats so funny I had to come back and look at your pantry again, and of course I forgot to become a follower of yours which now I am...Phyllis