Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Simple

 
 
A simple mantle for the kitchen.

 
Simple copper pieces and a few things from nature.
The copper bowl came from Cracker Barrel years ago, the orchid was a gift from my girls.
 
 
A hot chocolate pot.
 
 
The gravy boat is filled with chestnuts.
 
 
 
 
 
 
From my garden.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That's all for now.
See you soon,
Sandy
See you there.

6 comments:

Khammany said...

I am a sucker for copper so I love everything here! It all looks great!

Anonymous said...

It's all very pretty, but I'm especially digging that old kettle. I have a link party on Tuesdays for antiques, vintage, and history-related posts, We Call It Olde Link-Up, hope to see you there sometime. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Molly said...

Love all the copper!! it's beautiful. :) thanks for sharing.

I'm having a give a way going on right now, if you're interested I hope you enter. :)
it's a fall inspired sign I painted.

Have a Lovely day,
Molly

Hopechest Bride said...

Beautiful. What a great way to display your copper collection.

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is awesome!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Such a beautiful mantle! Sometimes simple makes for the best vignettes! I do love your copper pieces, your little cup full of hydrangea too!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy