Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Oh Happy Day

 
That's just what I said when I found this treasure at Habitat for Humanity. She is 14 inches across and in perfect condition.
 
 
the remains of the price sticker still on the back.
 
 
Howard Kaplan's French Country Store, made in France.
I understand he has a store in New York, other than that I don't know much more.
 
 
So I just had to play for a bit.
 
 
 
 
 
Yum yum! Oh it's just a candle!
 
 
Now if this is not enough to get me excited, the price was, $7.00!!!!!
 
 
  
 
Forgot the cheese!
 
 
That's all for now.
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: Inspire Me Tuesday
and
We Call It Olde Link Up @ We Call It Junkin

8 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

OMG did you get a great deal or what, I would have screeched to the highest lever...it is so pretty, it will also look cool with a large cloche on top and some cheese in there....wowowowow I once bought a Large perfect huge Bower bowl for 3 dollars...Phyllis

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

What a great find. It makes me think of my Dad. When someone would find a bargain he always said, "Who drove the get-away car?"

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Oh.my.gosh!!! Amazing! I would have been doing quite the happy dance.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a fabulous find. I am so envious. Congrats to you, that is thrilling. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Ann said...

All the fromage I see on the internet is French cheese. We have several bistros here in our city that use the word fromage.
Ann

Anonymous said...

It's great! Now I'm craving these little "fromage" danish things we used to buy where we used to live, can't find them here...sad face...
Thanks so much for sharing this at my We Call It Olde Link-Up today. Hope to see you there again! --Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

It's great and I love the entire vignette that you created! I have a green rabbit plate like that. Love the cow. Hopped over from Call it olde party. Happy to be a new follower. I have a link party, "Share Your Cup Thursday". It's all about sharing what makes you happy. I'd love if you shared this week.
hugs,
Jann

ThrifterSisters said...

What an amazing deal you got! Your vignette is so sweet & inviting. I can definitely say I've been inspired :-)

~Erica