Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's All In The Details

 
 
How many times have we heard, it's all in the details?
Well when the time came to close up the walls, the small square over the door frame just kept saying
"Detail".
So what kind of detail?
 
 
This, and....
 
 
This, a transom window.
 
 
So you run to the flea market and find, this....
 
 
Put it here.
 
 
And it looks like this.
 
 
Then the walls, and of course the 12 inch baseboard, that you have to build to look like
 
 
This
 

So be sure to visit tomorrow, so you can see it all put together, finally!
My black and white butler/dish pantry.
I'm sure I will be tweaking for weeks, but finally I get to play.
See you tomorrow!
Sandy
and


 
 
 
 

 
 














No comments: