Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Harvest Time

 
Just a simple little fall vignette. My little pig I found at a garage sale a few weekends ago.
Of course he was still in his original ugly brown stain, but it didn't take long to fix that.
 
 
My cow plate I found the same day but at a different sale.
 
 
And the rest speaks for itself.
I hope you enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: Inspire Me Tuesday
 

3 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh I simply adore the cow plate and the cutting board, I can't decide which I love more, so wonderful these types of treasures, set my heart a flutter...Come on over for a visit, I have some very different house guests and I would love a comment to know what you think of them...Phyllis

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love, love, love your vignette. The cutting board, lantern and adorable cow plate are fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Ivy and Elephants said...

I'm so glad you stopped by and left such a nice comment. I had to smile when I saw your blog name, I guess we have lots in common! This is a gorgeous vignette and is that copper I see? Fabulous!
Patti
Be sure and link to the party when ever you'd like, we'd love to have you. I love that cow plate!