Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Domino Effect.


I really don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else. All I needed to do was move one piece of furniture from the kitchen area where my new pantry is going. Doesn't seem to be that big of a deal, but it was. Just by moving that one piece I had to move three more. There was this little Bombay chest that I had been using to sit a TV on in the kitchen area. But where to put it was my next dilemma.
 
The only place I thought it might look good was in a guest room and that was really the only place I have any room left. So I added it to this room.
 
 
This room did look like this....
 
 
 
 
So where do I put these three pieces?
 
 
The little French chair along with the chest, seem to be working well so far. I haven't found a good place for the French wine table, still working that one.
 
 
I know the second time in a week I have changed this room. But a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
 
 
So don't be like Elvis on this old 78 and Get All Shook Up.
Just go with the flow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
See you soon,
Sandy
 and
 


1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm like you, one project or moving of furniture turns into much more than intended. What a beautiful house you have!