Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, January 29, 2016

The Vessel

Do you ever buy things at yard sales or thrift stores and never end up using them for the intended purpose?
 The story of my life!
I bought this popcorn bowl years ago thought it would be cute for our usual snack. To be honest it was just to heavy to carry around not to mention a storage problem. I really don't think I paid over a $1.00 for it, so no big deal other than it was taking up room.


It did have a little red insert that was much more practical.



Then there was this water cooler with stand I picked up at a yard sale for $1.00. I gave it to Daughter one then Daughter two and they both brought it back. I have a large one in the pantry so I didn't need the smaller one.



There has to be another life for it.





How about a serving vessel?


The lid was made from an old wooden circle from a craft store I had laying around, a wooden knob, a little blue paint. After turning the popcorn bowl upside down and sanding off the writing, I watered down a little black paint, rubbed it on, and a new serving piece!




Blessings,
Sandy
Sharing with The Everyday Home at Share It One More Time


1 comment:

Rue said...

Cute! I never would have thought of it. I like it much better than most of the serving vessels out there :)

xo