Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Old Window


Everything in my house seems to begin with old, dented, time worn, lets just call it character. This little window is no exception. One of the original three window of the house I found in the attic that were taken from the dormer. The other one was used as part of the wall we replaced and will be seen above the door. Believe me when I say it took allot of cleaning, probably hasn't saw the light of day in at least forty years. So here is my new/old chalk board window, the second one I might add. Daughter one, saw the first one and wanted one so I gave it to her. The other window was in much better shape, but I think I like this one better.


Had to add an old picture!




Blessings,
Sandy

No comments: