Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Just Old



Yes it's just old, not a fancy French or English antique.  Just a table that's the workhorse of my kitchen, a thrift store find from years ago. When I found it it was covered in newspaper, so maybe the workhorse of some other lady's kitchen. I can just imagine the cook of this house working on a similar table. No fancy chairs, just pull up a stool and relax.


Lots of room to spread out. Eggs from my chickens, pecans from the yard, my Great Grandmothers oil lamp.


Wooden bowl for making bread.




My little salt pig.


A butter crock.


A don't forget my Grandmothers cookbook.


Now for some pumpkin nut bread.
Blessings,

No comments: