Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Warming Things Up


No snow here, but it sure is cold, so how do I warm things up?
A little glow in the fireplace and lots of texture.


Feathers, fur a little grass, a few sticks with dishes I've had for years.



My little overflow table in the corner,



Did you know?
As late as 1920, children were not allowed to eat at the dining room table!
The children of this house ate at benches positioned along the wall after the adults were served.
Just try that one now!
Blessings, 
Sandy

1 comment:

Rue said...

I'm just enthralled by your home! The woodwork is AMAZING.

I'm so happy you're taking the house back. It's so rare these days to see anyone respecting the original features and not turning it into a modern shell of it's former self. You're doing a beautiful job :)

xo