Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, January 25, 2016

The Other Side



A 2012 view of the kitchen. you can see the microwave shelf hanging form the cabinet. I'm guessing that when the kitchen was remodeled the refrigerator sat there. I remember growing up our first refrigerator was very short. I think it was one from the fifties when my parents were newly married. Anyway a modern refrigerator sat beside the self and cabinet, because of the size and took up way to much space.


Making the best of the space you have, 2012.


2016 and yes that is the traveling fireplace mantel. I think she's found her home for life. I used it in a rental on the patio, on my back porch here and then in our outdoor kitchen


We still have lots of work to do, new counter tops and a new/old sink but I expect to finish by spring.


But for now we can still sit and have a big ole bowl of hot soup on cold days and enjoy the work we've gotten done so far.




Until next time.
Blessings,
 Sandy
Join me at Knick of Time for Talk Of The Town

2 comments:

Cheryl in Wisconsin said...

Oh, Sandy, just discovered you today. I need some time to go back and read all of your posts, this is all so interesting to me. I have a 1901 Victorian bungalow in Wisconsin that I "play with" all the time. Like you I am devoted to keeping it as original as possible.

If you don't mind, one thing I read here and need to do at my house: remove the stucco from the brick chimney. How much of a mess did it make when you did it???

Rue said...

I love the mantel in there. It just warms the whole kitchen up. I can't wait to see how everything turns out :)

Loved the pictures of the baby chicks too!

xo,
rue