Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Getting There

A little night shot of the front of the house and my refuge from the unpacking and try to organize the inside. This seems to be the only area that is even remotely put together.
Here are a few pictures of the living room. We have all the large pieces moved but I am still unpacking and finding things to accessorize with. It's been over eight months since I've seen some of my goodies, so Christmas all over!
I'm still deciding on what pictures to hang where. So to date I have one hanging in this room.
I am very fortunate that the previous owner left the drapes and the hardware for the living room. With windows this large, guess I will be polishing my sewing skills.

I wasn't sure if I liked the color on the upper molding when we decided on this house, but the more I live with it the better I like it. Still not sure if I want to paint it white or leave it. I think if I took it back to the original mahogany it might make the room look a little top heavy.
I am glad they left the base boards and the door frames mahogany. These french doors lead to the dining room, which like the living room has all the large furniture but still needs accessories.
Sorry for the glare.

Yes I know, so much matching furniture. In my defense I have terrible sinus and allergy problems, I also have dogs, now with this leather furniture all I have to do is use a little leather cleaner or a damp cloth and the problem is solved. I don't have to load myself up with meds, and I still enjoy the babies.
Did you see them Lola was hiding behind the candle stick, BJ wasn't totally anti social today and Copper is down for his afternoon nap. Hope I didn't bore you to much and I hope you will be ready for many more pics in the near future. Time to get back to work.
Linking to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style.
See you there.
Sandy


1 comment:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I think your home is just lovely! Love the colors of the inside and the porch is to die for!

Hugs,
Debbie