Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, June 18, 2012

A Farmhouse Baking Center


As most of you know we just moved into a 92 year old farm house in the middle of town.
Most of the house has been updated as far as electrical and plumbing go, but the previous owners tried to maintain as much of the original detail, as possible. The kitchen does have the original layout, cabinets and a few other details but has had a little face lift. There are lots of cabinets here and the thing I love, they go all the way to the ceiling, (although I have to get a small ladder to reach the top shelf) that said I don't have to climb up and clean the top of cabinets anymore or try to figure out how to stage them, at which I am terrible at doing.
Now for my little baking area.

Baking supplies, a little copper and some hydrangeas from the garden.
My first scale, I know she's a little rusty but what do you expect for $2.00?

My antique nutmeg grater and storage container, some old bowls and a few utensils.





I used an old letter holder to hold my antique glass milk and juice container, then added the hydrangeas.



And my little chicken plates, a gift from a dear fried, so every time I look at them I think of her.





Now come back tomorrow and I will show you more of the kitchen and my newest treasure.
It's a French butter crock!

See you tomorrow.
Linking to Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life.
Sandy

1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great area. I love the bowls and the old utensils and the jars holding all of your baking essentials. How great to have such a fabulous area. Love the hydrangeas in the milk bottles too, so pretty. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty