Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Thrifty Finds For A Bedroom Fireplace

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Well I'm still tweaking and moving things and I imagine I will be for some time to come.  I worked a little in one of the guest rooms this weekend, my Granddaughters have already claimed this room, so girls room it is. This is a very small room, most of the square footage was used to create walk in closets for the other two bedrooms. So the little antique half bed I already had works great in here. I decided to work with the wall color and add a little blue and call it a summer. Maybe this winter I might paint, or I may leave it white. Who knows!
As I said before every room in the house has a fireplace, they have been sealed off, OK with me since they were old coal fireplace's anyway. Need to do something with those cords, I see.
 The lamps were a gift from my Mother and most everything on the mantle is a yard sale or thrift store find over the years.
 The little folding firescreen table was a thrift store find last winter $8.00. It was covered in a Victorian paper that had seen better days. My solution was to use an extra piece of fabric that was left over from other project's in the room, and now it looks a little better. The end irons I found at the flea market and they cost me a grand total of $7.00, the little brass tray was $1.00.

Add a few blue bottles and fresh flowers from the garden and it's ready for the girls.




Onto another project.
See you soon.
Sandy
Linking to Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday's at Savvy Southern Style





7 comments:

Olive said...

The center piece of iron stone is wonderful. It has patina and steals the show for me.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love it all. The fireplace screen is gorgeous and I love your center transferware platter. What a beautiful piece. Your figurines I also love, love, love. It is all beautiful. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Looks good! Like your blues!

daisypetals said...

This is Melissa @ daisymaebelle.com. Love your mantle. My mother collects blue and white also. So, this reminds me of my home growing up! Nice work!

Little Miss Maggie said...

That toile plate is so pretty. I don't think I have ever seen that pattern. Love the fireplace screen as well.

Susan Freeman said...

What a charming room!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Chubby Chieque said...

All the toile are absolutely amazing. I drool for them all.

Happy TTT,
/CC