Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Welcome Home

"Welcome Home"
After a VERY long week of moving and carrying and carrying, we are here.
To warn you this is a very short post. A snippet of the porch which of course I keep playing with and a little decorating in the living room or parlor as DH calls it, fireplace mantle. I hope to post the entire room tomorrow. So stay tuned!

Sorry for the glare! I wonder how many times I will change it before I'm happy with it.
Everything here are things I already owned, I am trying to recycle as much as possible. If you could see the mess I have you would know why. So many boxes!!!


 
So I hope you will visit again tomorrow and I hope to unveil the whole room. After a week we were still moving things this morning, not to mention having to look for a new refrigerator.
Linking to Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
See you tomorrow.
Sandy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I adore your front porch! Stunning! Moving isn't fun but in the end it's worth it!

chateau chic said...

Your front porch is fabulous! It already looks like you've settled in.
Mary Alice

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

How cute! You are going to have lots of good times on this porch!

Anonymous said...

Oh, your new house is beautiful. Love your front porch. The mantle is pretty and I love your pretty mirror. Can't wait to see more and I'm your newest follower.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your home is gorgeous. Love the porch and the gardens. The fireplace is stunning and such a lovely vignette. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

I am now totally in love with your front porch and i love the tile around your fireplace!

Hugs,
Deb