Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pink and Pretty

Thanks for stopping by. I have a very short little post tonight. Lots of packing going on. Yes, we made our decision. Keep reading and you will find out which house we choose. This is my
contribution for the week, a cute little pink tea set, white napkins and a small white table cloth, all found at yard sales. The glass tea pot was a gift from a dear friend and my way of storing my green tea and making it look a little dressed up.
I love all the detail.

 
As I said, a  very short post.
Now where do you think you might see this next time?

And maybe this.........
The little farm house won!
Our move in date is to be June 1st, I am thankful that the house is only two blocks from where we are currently renting. Since the house sits on main street and is on the corner lot. I have lots of drapes to find  and since the windows are so large and the ceilings so high, my challenge has started. Decorating is going to be so much fun!!!! I hope everyone has lots of suggestions and ideals for me!! If you would like to see more of this house go here.

Most of our belongings have been packed away since last August, when we accepted the offer on our house, so this will be just like Christmas for me!
I just might be MIA for a bit, but I will be back .
See you soon!
Sandy
Linking to Today's Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality
Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday@ Savvy Southern Style



3 comments:

Aledia said...

What a pretty tea set! I just love it.

Congrats on your new home and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Aledia @ Plum Perfect

sweet violets said...

Am lovin this home!!! What a great wrap around porch...best wishes to you!!! hugs...cleo

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sandy...

I just read the sweet note that you left for me over at my place. Thank you sooo very much for coming by!

Ohhh my...I am sooo excited for you, my friend! I just ADORE your new home...it's gorgeous! Ohhh yes...you are going to have so much fun decorating this beauty! Mmmm...I salivate...just thinking about lots of big windows and high ceilings! What fun!!! Best wishes to you on your move and keep us posted with the progress! I am going now to follow your link to see more of your new house.

Have a wonderfully sweet week, my friend!

Chari