Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Vintage or Just Old



When the my kids were younger and the grandchildren were smaller I decorated the whole house for Easter. Now that the grandchildren are older and we are empty nesters, I've gotten a little lazy, so I do a couple little areas in the house with some of my favorites. To be honest, I've given lots of Easter decorations to the girls or donated to charity. But here are a few of my favorites.

My old wooden high chair.


The little Easter basket was my first Easter basket.
I hope this doesn't make me a Hoarder!





The smaller silver spoon to the left belonged to a dear friend who has since passed and is over one hundred years old. The other silver spoons as well as the little dish are just collections I've picked up here and there. I also have a little fancy tea towel and the cup belonged to daughter number 2. She would sit and drink her coffee with her Dad and me in her little wicker rocking chair I still have on the porch,
Again I hope that doesn't make me a hoarder!
Lets call it good memories! 


A favorite little primitive bunny.




So Happy Easter Everyone,
Blessings,
Sandy

No comments: