Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Waste Not Want Not

We inherited a large stack of windows a few weeks ago. One was suppose to be the door to a primitive cabinet for Daughter # 2. The contractor (husband) decided the windows were a little large and would make the cabinet to heavy for her to manage. So I had a smaller window that worked perfect for her project, but what to do with all those old windows. Now he would have gladly taken them to the recycling center and never given it a second thought but not the hoarder, I mean the frugal one, (me). 

My Dad grew up during the depression and I can always remember him saving everything. Small pieces of lumber, metal, even old broken glass that he would save, use for picture frames, etc. Now he was very meticulous about storage, EVERYTHING was in order and had its place. I haven't gotten that organized yet but I'm working on it.

Our latest project!


I know you've saw these a hundred times.




I am so excited to see all the plants in it, when they are all larger and the whole thing is full of color.


 And one more good thing!
 It takes up a little of the dead space on this end of the porch.




Be sure to come back next week, not only did we finish the green house, I had one more project I wanted to do this summer.
Guess what?
 It's already finished and I think besides the blue on the porch ceiling,
 it has made the biggest difference in the appearance of the "old girl".

Blessings,
Sandy
Sharing with Knick Of Time Talk Of The Town

No comments: