Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A Natural Air Freshener and the Best Little Mother



Don't you just love Spring and all the fresh air you get when you throw open the doors and windows?
And then there are those special scents that just kind of flow into the house when a little breeze comes along. You can't resist going out and cutting a few branches. So get everything ready, an old mason jar and a frog made from a mason lid.

 I found this last fall and had to bring it home!


The jar and lid are a natural fit for the house.





And now for the natural smell good!
 Every time we got a little breeze I could smell the wisteria in our back yard, so naturally I had to bring some in for the kitchen.




 And now for the best little Mother around.
Two little fertilized eggs, just waiting for a Mother


  And here she is!
She's a silkie and her name is Penelope!
These are not her eggs, a wonder friend donated them to the cause after she went broody.


And after twenty one days, I found this cute little thing hiding under her.
I think it's a little camera shy.


OK, I know I'm cute!
My Mom's not happy with this camera thing!
Time to go back under that wing.
Unfortunately the second egg didn't hatch, but I think this might be all she can handle,
 since the little thing is already about a quarter the size of  her already, at a week old.


So until next time.....


Blessings,
Sandy

No comments: