Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Friday, February 26, 2016

Welcome To Our Hide Away





 Welcome to our porch, I mean hide away. 
Last week I showed you my old door turned wash stand. As I'm sure you could see its sits on our back porch. Over the weekend I was able to give it a nice coat of white paint, get rid of that battleship gray and start to clean things up a bit. Now the house really has its share of porches. The front porch wraps around three sides of the house and the back porch used to go all the way across the back of the house. The previous owners, took half of the back porch and made it into a bathroom which was a great ideal, now the house has two full bathroom. So now onto my hiding place, morning coffee, and afternoon nap or just relaxing spot.


I put this old galvanized foot locker on the porch to hold shoes and the one on top is an old Pet milk container that I have antique milk and orange juice bottles in. It's great to open and fill with fresh cut flowers from the garden.


And here is the relaxing spot!
You can see how old the house is, our breaker boxes are on the outside of the house, even though this was the first house in town to have electricity in it.


We made the day bed many years ago for our daughter and it makes a great outdoor piece.


You can't have a farm porch without a rusty old chair and a boot scraper.


A small table for games, food or drinks.




A pleasant coverlet.


The sheers are great for letting the air and light flow through, but they give you just enough privacy.
You want to know how I know that??????
Well Husband was on the little daybed one Sunday afternoon, taking a nap!!!
I look out the window, see a car stop in front of the house taking pictures, than she drives to the side of the house gets out of her car starts taking pictures of the side back porch and side garden.
Neither of them knew the other was there!






OK, guess its time for Chatty Cathy to move along.
So I'll just say....


Blessings,


No comments: