Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, February 8, 2016

Just Junk



In the last couple of years I have started to use more black and white in my house. It just seems to work well with the house. My little butlers pantry has stayed black and white since we rebuilt it, with a few additions. One being the bi-fold doors that were on a walk in closet we took out. They got a little black paint, some distressing, my contractor (that would be husband) mounted them to the wall. Then I added a couple pieces of black and white polka dot ribbon and some old sconces, white candles, and I like it. Then we had the screen door that came off the back door, once again my contractor came through cut the door down, a little chalk paint, and I like it!
This room is very hard to photograph because it is so narrow, but the storage I get out of it is unbelievable.






Theses two shelves, they used to be one. You guessed it contractor cut it down.



Most of the time this room just holds lots of my entertaining and overflow serving pieces. But when we have large crowds, the dresser turned server is loaded with food, I keep my three pot, crock pot on it all the time and everyone can serve themselves as many times as needed and the dirty kitchen is hidden from guest!


Now this is one of my favorite times in this little room, night time. I can just imagine how many meals went through this little room to the family dining room, and the chatter you could hear through the swinging door.




 So, Goodnight and see you next time!




 Blessings,
Sandy
Sharing with Knick Of Time Talk Of The Town

1 comment:

Cheryl in Wisconsin said...

Stunning! Love the little window over the door... and who is your glow-y eyed ghoul hiding in that photo? My home used to have a butler's pantry, but it was made into the bathroom once indoor plumbing was available. Wish I had a pantry, but I guess having a bathroom is oh so important.