Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Foyer In The Making

This was the view that greeted me on my first visit to this house, yes plastic chairs and a bed frame.
Now it's time for the metamorphose to begin.

So after lots of moving things here, then moving them there, I am somewhat satisfied, at least for the moment with the results. I used a library table I have had for years, some old books, and of course some pictures of the grands. The coal bucket was a thrift store find in fact I bought two for $10.00 each. This one I chose to put here and use it to hold my walking stick collection. I'm still looking for another container, but I just haven't found the right one yet.



 

 
A collection of walking sticks, my newest is the taller one in the center of the picture, and quiet the bargain at $3.00.
On a previous post I showed you this fringe I found at Habitat For Humanity for $6.00. there were 10 yards in the bag. So what did I use it for?
The chair covers in the foyer.
This was shortly after move in....

This is now.
I moved the little round fringed stool from the bedroom and like the look a little better.
I have two of these and I have used them everywhere. from the dining room to the bath room.
My next lucky find was this lamp globe, yes after ten years I found an original globe that fits. So for $2.00, I'm happy.
This little settee has been moved twice in the two months we have lived here. I first had it in one of the guest bedrooms and now it's in the foyer. This is another piece that's been everywhere, one of my favorite places for it is in the dining room, so don't be surprised if you see it somewhere else. Now here she is shortly after her move and...
Now
 Looking from the front door.
Hope you enjoyed my new treasures and my old ones.
I see I could use another rug or maybe a larger one, and a little less bright white paint.
What do you think?
A few of you have asked about wedding pictures, and I like you, still waiting. I should have them really soon. Thanks all of you for all your wonderful and thoughtful comments. I read everyone of them and I am working on answering everyone of them. Things are starting to settle down a bit, so now I can move the furniture again (ha ha).
See you soon.
Sandy
Linking to
Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures
Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphose Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

10 comments:

Sherry said...

Your settee and fringed stool are beauties! Luv the new look!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love the settee and chairs and stool! So pretty and inviting!

Hugs,
Debbie

Olive said...

Your foyer table is beautiful.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your foyer is beautiful, along with everything in it. I specially love the pretty table. Great!
FABBY

xinex said...

You did a great job. Your foyer looks fantastic!...Christine

Martha said...

A lovely foyer and I like all the pieces you put in it. Love the chair next to the library table!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such lovely rooms and your furnishings are perfect. Love the pictures on the foyer table. So pretty. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Warm Greetings!



Today, I visit your website and after reading your blog i realize that it is very informative. I'm highly impressed to see the comprehensive resources being offered by your site.


Thanks and Regards




napkin making machine

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

What gorgeous period pieces! Such a grand foyer!!!!

Chubby Chieque said...

Wow... I love the new look.

I find this with a palace feelings. I really love and drool your settie and of course your coffee table.

Happy TTT... TS and a great week-end ahead.

Greetings from rainy Stockholm,
/CC