Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Still Working The Dining Room

Well we are starting our third month in the house and I am still unpacking. Here are a few pictures of the dining room and yes some things are leaning towards the Fall side, but since I am unpacking and trying to find a home for everything, if something comes out of a box and works for Fall decorating I'm using it. So here is the view from the center hallway looking into the dining room. There are three sets of doors leading in and out, so furniture placement has been really hard. It's also a very hard room to get a photo of because it is so dark. The mahogany board and batten make it very dark even in the middle of the day. The wall paper was here, and I honestly haven't had a chance to do any painting. In our old house I used the formal living room as a music room and a library. Here I decided to have the formal dining room do duel duty, dining room/music room.
A view from the living room. My dining room table is pretty simple for now, just an arrangement, candlestick and a colorful  rooster.
The organ belonged to my husbands Grandmother and the table and sideboard I have had for years.
The room has a plate rail and  picture hanging molding that span the entire room, which is pretty neat, although I haven't had a chance to play with it allot. I still need to find a rug that will work for the room.
The fireplace side and sorry for the quality of the photo, but nothing helped to make it any better.
A little pottery and of course the harp. I'm still waiting on my musician to arrive to play it during dinner tonight (ha ha).
Thanks for stopping and be sure to check out the changes next week, that's just the way things have been going around here.
Joining Kelly's Korner for show us how you decorate your dining room table.
Sandy






4 comments:

Sherry said...

It's great that the dining room has a plate rail spanning the entire room, you definitely don't see that! No need to rush, always best to take your time!

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by for a visit from Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life.
You have a beautiful dining room. I especially love the colors and details you're using.
Is that a harp sitting on a table?
Have a terrific week.

Martha said...

I love your dining room -- that wood on the walls and the plate rack! Wonderful room! You have nice furniture as well!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love your Dining Room. The wood features in it are stunning!
You have some beautiful pieces too like the harp and the organ. And i also love your window treatments!

Hugs,
Debbie