Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, September 22, 2014

My 2014 Fall Porch


I've had a very busy summer and been MIA for awhile. Between house guest from the end of May through August, yard work, both the flower and vegetable gardens as well as canning, there has been no time for blogging. Work has just started again on the house, but I did take a little time to decorate the porch for fall. This is a rather large porch, taking up the front of the house, then wraps around both sides of the house. I tried to create different areas, or little rooms depending on what your mood might be for sitting on the porch. I created a little eating area for four, lounging, conversation, a two person or maybe a cup of coffee in the morning area ( we have used it for desert, and quiet conversation) and then you can just go to either side and sit alone and swing. So here we go, I hope you enjoy.













You can see my dries hydrangea tree in the background. All the hydrangea came from my courtyard and I used an old grapevine topiary as my form, then spray painted them with copper paint.

























So as night starts to fall, again "Welcome To Our Porch".
Thanks for stopping by,
Sandy
Partying with: Hospitality Design
             Stone Gable 
                               French Country Cottage
                                            From My Front Porch To Yours
                           Savvy Southern Style
             Chateau Chic
                    A Stroll Thru Life










5 comments:

Desires of the Heart said...

Hi Sandy, I sure enjoyed looking at your beautiful porch decorations!! I love all the black and jewel tones together, making such a rich look. The chaise lounge looks so inviting and its always so nice when you have room for a table to enjoy a small meal with someone too. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Linda

Stacey said...

Sandy, I love the style of your house and porch. It looks like the perfect place to hang out. :)

chateau chic said...

You have a wonderful front porch. Every corner of your porch is so lovely with such pretty details and arrangements. Thank you for joining the party.
Mary Alice

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh wow, your porch is stunning. I think I would just hang out there all day. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

the cape on the corner said...

very inviting! i am kicking myself for not buying the asparagus fern i saw this weekend at a flower show, b/c yours look amazing.
enjoy,
b