Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Little Thanksgiving Mantle

 
 
 
So with Halloween over I guess it's time for a little sprucing up for Thanksgiving. I usually do my dining room in in a fruit theme for Christmas and that means I can start decorating using my fruits for Thanksgiving. I didn't change allot on the mantle, simply added a ceramic turkey my son made twenty some years ago in cub scouts. Added a few hydrangeas from the garden and the little acorn topiary from the table.
 
 
The clock I have had for years, my Dad found it, repaired it and gave it to me.
I have also had the lamps for years, used them in my kitchen in our old house, the fruit vase
I found at a yard sale this summer.
 
 
 
 
I just saw all the cords hanging on the side of the fireplace, (note to self, fix that one).
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few sticks in a brass coal bucket, tied with burlap.
 
 
Most of the fireplaces in our house are old coal fireplaces with this type of cover.
My harvest tree is up and ready for the changes at Christmas, so I just have to decide on my sideboard centerpiece and table centerpiece.
 

 
See you soon.
Sandy
Linking to: Amaze Me Monday at The Heart Of Your Home
and
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House





No comments: