Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Warming Things Up


Seems like I am always creating work for myself and constantly trying to arrange and make the long hallway in this house look a little more cozy and warm and not like a bowling alley. This is how it looked a couple of weeks ago. The walls were a bright white, which did help lighten things up a bit but made the room feel so cold.

 
 

And the walls now, with a few accessories added.


 
As you can see we still need to have the floors sanded, which will happen after the holidays. 
 
 
 A night view and I love the warm feeling the area now has. I hope to have a full  shot of the area in a week or so. I still have paintings and a little more touch up painting to do.
 
  
 
   
  
   
   
 
Ok back to work organizing bookshelves.
See you soon,
Sandy
Linking to: Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch

9 comments:

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful and cozy post :)

Poppy said...

Hi Sandy,

A very warm and inviting space; lovely vignette and pretty decorating on the walls, too. Very welcoming, thanks for sharing!

Poppy

xinex said...

I like the addition of copper, Sandy, it really warms up the space and I like warm décor, looks very welcoming....Christine

Katie Olthoff said...

It's beautiful!
And I have to tell you - Charleston is my favorite place on earth. Did it break your heart to leave?

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Sandy,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and letting me know you did so and how much you like it. I really appreciate that.
Your home is beautiful too.
Have a great week,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Sandy, this is a lovely space! You have done an outstanding job decorating it! It's so inviting! Thank you for stopping by may blog. I'm thrilled to find yours!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sandy,
What a beautiful space! I love the plates... it's all so cozy!
Thanks for visiting me too :-)
Hugs,
Bella

Patty Rumaker said...

I like the balancing of the copper on one side and the clock on the other side - it looks great.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful!! I love anything copper!! It always looks so warm and inviting!!

The evening pics are great!!

Thanks for your visit!!

Hugs,
Deb