Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lighten Up for Spring

 It's been a busy couple of weeks here, a little kitchen floor sanding and more stained glass light hanging and a few other projects which I will show you a little later. We have had a few nice days here and a few not so nice, so I hope that means spring is on it's way. That may be just wishful thinking, but I'll take it! I did manage to lighten up the dinng room a little, something I think will carry me through March and April.  


Lightening Up 011

 I have used these dishes the last couple of years outside for our outdoor kitchen area, but decided they might work well for Easter and St Patrick's Day.

Lightening Up 013

Lightening Up 015

Lightening Up 016

A drink table.

Lightening Up 007

Lightening Up 008

A few changes to the mantel.

Lightening Up 002


Lightening Up 003

Lightening Up 004

Lightening Up 005

A little silver service, ready for a little coffee? 
Where's Carson?
Sorry, I just watched Downton Abby.

Lightening Up 020

This is the way the windows looked for the winter months.

A Lighter and Brighter Dining Room 001

 And now, the windows face a side street, so not as much traffic as main street, so I thought I would just open thing up a little and let the sun shine in. OK I'll confess, I love walking the Battery and peaking in the windows of the old houses. Now in my world it's not peaking if there are no blinds or curtains, just  a beautiful drawing or dining room for me to look at.

Lightening Up 022

So come back for Tablescape Thursday and I will show you the table.
See you soon.
Sandy
Linking to: Inspire Me Tuesday

1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love your decor and your vignettes are all so pretty and interesting. Gorgeous pieces of furniture too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty