Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

A Little Dinning Room Tour


A little tour of the dinning room all decked out for Christmas. As I said before I have used a fruit theme for the last several years. I just change things up a bit every year. Everything is self explanatory so I'll just let you look at the photos.

Dinning Room Christmas 2 003

Dinning Room Christmas 2 001

I have a beverage table already set up, with a small natural tree on it.

Dinning Room Christmas 2 005



Dinning Room Christmas 2 007


Dinning Room Christmas 2 008

The same three I used for my harvest tree, now decorated for Christmas. 

Dinning Room Christmas 2 009


Dinning Room Christmas 2 010


Dinning Room Christmas 2 011

The tag reads: Heritage Doll
My name is Elizabeth.
Heritage dolls like me were made by grandmothers during the Civil War for little girls.
 
We were also called "Church Dolls". Little girls were allowed to carry up to church and if dropped while playing, we made no noise to distrube the service.
 

Dinning Room Christmas 2 014


Dinning Room Christmas 2 012

Dinning Room Christmas 2 013

Dinning Room Christmas 2 018


Dinning Room Christmas 2 019



Dinning Room Christmas 2 020


Dinning Room Christmas 2 021


Dinning Room Christmas 1 011

Dinning Room Christmas 1 016


Dinning Room Christmas 1 019

The before of the above fireplace, after many years of being closed. A little wire brush and black paint works wonders.

Dinning Room Christmas 1 007


Dinning Room Christmas 1 002

Thanks for stopping by.
See you soon,
Sandy
and

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your home is absolutely gorgeous! Glad you were able to refurbish the fireplace, and all your decorations are really pretty. I'd love for you to share this, or any post on antiques, vintage, or history, at my Tuesday link party "We Call It Olde", it's perfect. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Unknown said...

Love your decorations, they all look wonderful, especially the mantel. I love your house. Have a Merry Christmas with your family. Vicki in icey Louisville, KY

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Your mantel and beverage table look wonderful. I like your copper and gold tree!
My family holds copper in a special place in our hearts because my Dad came from an area in Michigan that mined copper quite heavily in the early part of the 1900's.

Linda said...

Such a gorgeous golden glow! Lovely!
Merry Christmas!
Linda at Beautiful Ideas