Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Yes, That's Mustard

 
 
No, your eyes don't deceive you, that is mustard yellow on the little drop leaf table. I bought the table and four chairs in the spring. After visiting a good friend and seeing what she did with an antiques hutch, I decided to go for it. Yellow is by no means my favorite color, but I do like it on this piece and it really stands out against the mahogany board and baton. Right now I am using it to store some extra wine and glasses as well as my silver chest but if the need arises I have enough room in the dining room to extend the leaves and seat extra guest.
 

I did a little distressing on both the table and four chairs, just enough to make it appear used over the years. The top chest is great for holding my stash of candles.
 




 
 
A little vignette beside the fireplace



So what do you think? You may like it, you may not like it but I had to take the chance. Then there is one thing you can say for me, I'm not afraid of bold colors!
 

I did use the four chairs (and yes they are mustard) around my round oak table, I'll show that next week. Sorry the pictures are so bad, but I have never gotten a good picture in that room. I think it's all the dark wood and lack of natural light.

 
So let me know what you think! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts.
Sandy
Linking to: Inspire Me Tuesday and


1 comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it and love your vignette. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, marty