Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Changes In The Entry

Ready for some change in the entry, foyer, center hall, receiving room, ha ha. You would really have to know me to understand how funny I think this is, I am one of the most down to earth people you will ever meet, one of the what you see is what you get people. So onto the changes. Dark I know, SORRY! Just two urns I already had that were a beach scène, The Master of the house, that's another ha ha, loves the water so we have lots of this. I wanted a little more fall feeling in the room so I simply tied burlap around the base and it worked well with the grasses.
  





Completely changed the library table, adding more fall colors and of course the brass lamp. I'm one of those people who never got rid of the brass. It just always worked well with my antiques.


  

A little estate sale pitcher filled with feathers that I collected and then attached them to floral picks.







A couple of different pillows for the chairs. I'm really happy with my changes 99% of my changes were things I already had in other rooms of the house. It was fun shopping the house.

 
Now for one little new change. A new old fashioned door bell. The door had the original key turn doorbell when we moved in but part of it was gone and the parts that were left we painted over. We ordered this brass one from Signature Hardware and I love it. Had the Master of the house take the
electric one off, not that anyone that visits me knows what the little key is for.


 

Here is the key to ring the bell, sounds like an old very loud bicycle bell. I love it!!!
 

 
Thanks for visiting.
See Ya,
Sandy
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Wow, I love your entry....and I laughed out loud when I saw the steps so a pet could look out the glass door. TOO CUTE!!

chateau chic said...

LOVE the doorbell!! Your entryway is beautiful with the library table all decked out for fall.
Mary Alice

Abby said...

That's a beautiful entry! I love the doorbell, I want one!