Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just A Deck

Lets all show off our porches at
"Rose Colored Glasses" I'm linking up a little late tonight, I spent the day
just catching up and ran into a post about this
party and thought it sounded like fun.
So I'm joining in even though, I didn't prepare
very well.
I don't have a porch which was on my wish list
when we bought the house, but I guess you can't
have it all. So we will be on my deck and in my
little spot on my car port. Hey a girl has to do
what she has to do!!! So here is my deck, my flowers are doing so
well this year!!! I'm glad I went with the white
it makes everything look so fresh and clean.
A couple little places to sit and rest for a while.
A daytime view. I have lights attached to the top, so you get a little twinkle at night.
The other end of the deck is for food prep and
cooking. I bet you guessed why the prep table
was so close to the kitchen window. Your right,
pass all the cooking necessity's right through
that baby!
A night view.
When is a bird cage not a bird cage? When
it's a candle holder! Now lets move to my spot under the carport.
A wonderful shaded spot to sit and read or
just stay cool.
Or maybe even take a little nap, as we have
been known to do.
To hot for a fire, add some candles.
Another little spot to sit .
More candlelight.
Hope you enjoyed your visit!!!
Bye For Now,

13 comments:

Millie said...

The white is very nice...and I'll bet it looks great in the evening too!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your netting that you used in that one spot, and I love the black painted pieces, too. This looks like a wonderful spot to relax and entertain. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Happy Porch Party and Happy Summer...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jacqueline said...

I'll be right over. I will feel so relaxed and soothed. I can just see a little wedding under the gauzy white. It is so enchanting. It looks straight out of a magazine. Thanks for sharing. This is my first time on Porch Party. How fun. Have a wonderful summer in your superb outdoor rooms.

Sarah said...

Your outdoor area looks like the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a good book or a visit with family and friends. You've done a terrific job creating this lovely space.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love it Sandy...that table with the netting is so romantic looking girl..Hope you have a GREAT week my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You have created a wonderful outdoor room. Love the lights under the pergola.

podso said...

You have created two wonderful outdoor spaces that look lovely and so relaxing! HAve a great week.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have created 2 very pretty places to relax. Really like the candles in the birdcage. I am not spending any more time than necessary outside now, as it is so hot now.
Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

What a stunning deck, I love the use of the netting. It creates a wonderful ambiance! Marcia

Rhondi said...

Hi Sandy
I'm so glad you found my party and joined in. For someone without a porch you sure have a lot of alternatives which work just as well maybe even better than a porch. What a romantic setting with the lights and netting... beautiful. And the carport area...well I'd never guess it was a carport. What a fabulous transformation.
Hope you have many happy hours enjoying your beautiful spaces this summer.
Hugs, Rhondi

Marina Capano said...

Hi! Everything look so comfortable!

I´m lovin´it!

xoxo

Miss Merry said...

Your draped table is so romantic and your black painted furniture so sophisticated! Both the deck and the car port are so lovely.

We planned to build a front porch on our ranch house when we purchased it in 1978. We finally added the porch in 2005. I hope you don't have to wait as long as I did - but it was well worth the wait!

Anonymous said...

Looks just like a tv design show. And convenient for partying as well. Thanks for sharing. I am going to use some of your tips.