Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Wednesday Ladies Valentine Lunch 2012



What do they say? Better late than never!
Since moving back to SC I have met a great group of
 ladies. Every Wednesday we go to lunch and then hit
the Consignment, Antique and Thrift stores in town.
In December we decided  to break up the routine
a little, one week a month someone would host lunch
at their house. This month was my turn. I have to
admit I borrowed a dining room, yes I said borrowed!
Since we are still living elbow to elbow, my neighbor
 was kind enough to let me use her dining room. I
 emptied the china cabinet, stood on my head looking
 through boxes for needed items and this was my
creation. Everything here, I already owned with the
exception on the bowls, which were found at Ross.








 Can't have a great Valentine lunch with out great
deserts.



I'm linking up to "A Stroll Thru Life"  for
Table Top Tuesday.
See you there.
Sandy

3 comments:

Deserae said...

Sounds like my kind of luncheon!! How sweet of your neighbor to loan you her dining room too! The tablescape is gorgoeus :o)
~Des

PS. I am now following you on Google...hope you will follow me back :o)

Reba and Eldarose, sisters, friends and co-bloggers said...

It turned out lovely! It is one of my favorite things when ppl pull decorations/tablescapes from things they already own. It takes more creativity than just buying a whole table from a store. Your VDay table is great. I would have loved to come over to enjoy it. Your friends were very lucky.:D

I came by after you left a very nice, encouraging note on our blog.

We are your newest followers.

Eldarose from http://RE-inventedstyle.blogspot.com

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Well...for borrowing a dining room...it looks gorgeous. I love ladies lunches...