Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Let There Be Light

 I hope everyone is having a wonderful safe and warm weekend. It is starting to warm up a bit here but it suppose to get to get cold again next week. So I guess I will just make the best of it and keep working inside, not that there is any shortage of work to do inside, but going outside and working would be a nice change. OK I'm sure you remember my guestroom, turned master bedroom makeover a few weeks ago. Well this is the way it looked when I showed you the floor after it the carpet was removed and floor sanded, fireplace opened, but there is one thing I didn't show you.....

Kitchen and Bedroom Renovations 2 023

This beauty!
 This was in the kitchen when we moved in, I managed to get it moved but it ended up here.
Hubby thinks it's a must to have a ceiling fan in the bedroom..

January Preservation 2014 011


January Preservation 2014 013

And now!
I had to change the room around to get this girl into the room and not hit the bed but it was worth the work.
This was moved from the mystery room and replaced with a stained glass light.
If you would like to see the little room go here.

Bedroon Changes 003


Bedroon Changes 007


Bedroon Changes 008

So there you have it.
See you soon,
Sandy

4 comments:

Cora M. said...

I think it's a wonderfull cozy room! My house have a totaly different look, but I love this also..
Greetings from Holland

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Your "new" chandelier has such wonderful lines! I like how it looks with the windows flanking the bed. So much fun seeing it all come together...

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Love your chandelier...it looks great! I admit it, I have to have a fan in my bedroom too. It just gets too hot in there without it in the summer and I need a breeze.

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

I think we're all on this page of staying in because of the cold and doing things around the house. I like the chandelier in the bedroom- looks great. Ceiling fans are a subject of great debate aren't they! The function is appreciated but the looks aren't always.