Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, June 21, 2010

After the Rain

Join me at
for Table Top Tuesday.
Thanks Marty for hosting this event.
We have had a little change since today's
Porch Party on the deck. We no longer
have the black and white. After a hot sunny
day, we had a pop up thunder shower, that
always cools thing off, so I think we could have
a light dinner outside. I think a little color is in
order since it has turned out to be such a cloudy
evening.
An antique picnic basket with antique beverage
bottles. Some old dishes found at the thrift store. I used an old fringed throw for the tablecloth.
So won't you come join me for dinner.
Thanks for visiting.
Bye For Now

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovely, looks like a special dinner-enjoy!

Sharlotte said...

I would love to join in the fun! Your table is just precious...I love the canopy, perfect for the season!
Sharlotte
Ms. Sharlotte's...Southern Reflections

Anonymous said...

This is just so pretty!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is just GORGEOUS. What a fantasy table setting. I love it. Everything is just perfect. I love the sheer canopy, and such a clever idea. The colors are fabulous. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Fabulous. Hugs, Marty

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How pretty! Like the colors. To hot to eat outside here. It is 9:50 and already 90 degrees.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love your spot where you set up that pretty table.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

So lovely, and romantic! I really like it!

Katherine

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

How romantic! I love those toile pillows with the gingham edging - so cute!

Manuela

Jacqueline said...

Used the netting again! How romantic and what a different look. I had to go back and look at the last post to see if that was really you. I can't believe how different it can look. Once again sooo romantic. I want to be there and while away the time.