Welcome

Welcome to our old farmhouse. Over the past year I have learned so much history of this house and the people who lived here. Ninety six years of love, loss, hopes and dreams. Preservation continues and there is always a repair to be done. We are trying to be purest in our preservation as much as we possibly can. I hope you follow along and each week I will try to give you a little history of the house as well as the first owners of the house. I've been lucky enough to find a journal from a Granddaughter who talks about the house as well as her Grandparents. So come follow along and learn about this old house as well as the occupants, old and new.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Bathroom Scaping

It's time for Table Top Tuesday, so be sure
to stop by
and visit with Marty and all of today's
participants.
Thanks Marty for hosting.
I'm bathroom scaping today.
I decided to change the master bath and
bedroom a little for the summer. So I gave
them both a little nautical feel. The master
suite is somewhat hidden from the rest of
the house so I can get by with decorating
these two rooms a little differently and not
clashing with the rest of the house.
I found two of these large vases a couple of
weeks ago at a second hand store in a
neighboring town. They were both hand
painted. I'll show you the other one in the
bedroom next week. I'm using this one
beside my bathtub.
Starfish plates, that I used in one
of my tablescapes last year. Thrift store
candle holders.
Moving to my dressing table, I added a little
silver for some glam.
I used another starfish plate and the large
shell vase I found at a yard sale last year.
A dollar bargain! All placed on a hand me
down, has seem better days painted white
tray. Have you ever noticed how hard it is
to take a picture with a mirror involved?
See my hand and fingers?
Thanks for visiting, don't forget to let me
know what you think, I love hearing from
you.
Bye For Now,

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks great, summery and relaxing!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I really like the look you have created. I need to get creative and change some things around here, but to busy dealing with "necessary" things right now.
Enjoy your week.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Looks wonderful Sandy...it makes it very cool looking..Love it girl...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Debbiedoos said...

Nice to see a tabletop bathroom scape...and so pretty too.

Anonymous said...

How nice! Love the summer beachy look. You've done a wonderful job.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love your new vase, what a grat find. The sailboat pic is just lovely on it. The plate, candles and the shell are all so pretty around the tub. I love your dressing table vignette. The tray, silver and the plate again are all just perfect. Yes, taking a picture with a mirror is very difficult. You did a fabulous job. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

The Charm of Home said...

That looks very nice. I love that starfish and the white candle holders.

Signing Out said...

Gorgeous! It looks so relaxing in there.

Atticmag said...

Very beachy and just right for this week. Jane F

Decor To Adore said...

I adore that starfish!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Your bathroomscape looks great - what can't you love about the beach look! Also, like the black island in the previous post. Your kitchen looks great. Linda